Saturday, September 14, 2013

Why does it have to hurt so much?

Why do their little darts hurt so much? why do I let them hurt me? How can I not? Would it be better if I were to be cold as a stone wall, immovable and unfeeling?

Then again, if I ask myself if it's worth it to me for even $10 to open my mouth and cause more backtalk by answering, that helps shut me up and clears the air quicker (although not my insides, which are still churning even hours later). But then again, then I am allowing them to think that this insulting derisive talk is ok in the family. But if I answer them and it evolves into a big fuss instead of a little one, then is that any better?

But wasn't this silence mistake of mine throughout my marriage? But in an abusive situation, there really is no right answer - whether you answer or not, the abuse isn't in the victim's hands at all.

How horribly frustrating. and exasperating. any more descriptions necessary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, criticism, empathy - they make me feel that someone out there hears me! They will be published after moderation.(no spam, please) Let's all work together to build a more peaceful world.