Sunday, September 15, 2013

Do mom's have rights? or only wrongs?

ok, so I lowered the boom on their dad. Only this time around, I decided to give the kids the benefit of the doubt, not to do anything "behind their backs", not to ignore them (as they are anyhow involved; if not by me, then it will be by him) not to spare them, and most important of all - that they shouldn't hear it from their dad, but straight from the horse mouth. (yup, that's me!)

One of them decided to spare her sisters (and me!) from separate assaults, taking full responsibility for the others' delicate feelings and the required response. Thus - so far, at least - I only needed to endure one well-aimed email missive (missile?) telling me all about how they had been working so hard not to nurse their deep grievances against me (for which horrendous action of mine, they never really spelled out to me); but now I had destroyed all that with just one "thoughtless" act.

Now they need to rethink if they are at all interested in retaining any contact with me.
I hear so much about the agony of estrangement. Who would have thought that one would long for it?
Well, not forever. But I could sure use a vacation from them, for a while.

The strangest thing about all this is that they even admit that I had been an ok mom, that on the whole they had a happy childhood - up until I peeked out of my shell and discovered my rights.

Who would have thought that I should have any rights at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, criticism, empathy - they make me feel that someone out there hears me! They will be published after moderation.(no spam, please) Let's all work together to build a more peaceful world.