Thursday, September 12, 2013

Abuse vs. infertility

I know it's stupid to compare apples with oranges and that each and everyone of us has their own private pain to deal with somehow in this crazy upside down world of ours, but I see so many infertility blogs, and I can't help reading.

One woman complained about how visible pregnancy, and therefore infertility, is - that it becomes somehow everybody's business to look at her flat stomach and give her helpful advice - not!

I wonder if that's any easier than my nodding and smiling to acquaintances on the street, making small talk at various get-togethers, trying to kvetch along with everybody else over all the petty "stuff", while crying invisibly inside.

Would life be easier/better if everyone really saw what others are enduring? Why did HKBH choose to cause davka infertility to be so visible - even choosing this topic as the theme for our prayers as a people asking for Heavenly compassion during these Days of Awe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, criticism, empathy - they make me feel that someone out there hears me! They will be published after moderation.(no spam, please) Let's all work together to build a more peaceful world.