Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let's see things now from their side

When all is said and done, the one who has to live with the resentment, however justified and well-deserved, is the one who feels wronged; and that isn't healthy, no matter what.

Since no forgiveness will be forthcoming from the children - and they are the children, after all - I need to be the more mature side of this equation. For my good as well as theirs - and I care so deeply about their well-being.

So now let's try to see things from their perspective.

They've been exposed to abuse all their lives, whether I was the target or others; they themselves have each been abused by their dad sometime along the way. And yet - he's still and all their dad. They need to love him and see the good in him.

[But why does that have to make me into the villain?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, criticism, empathy - they make me feel that someone out there hears me! They will be published after moderation.(no spam, please) Let's all work together to build a more peaceful world.